Tuesday 7 November 2017

My Daily Skincare Routine: Step One

- This post is in collaboration with Bio Essence but all opinions are my own -


Gold? On my face? Am I living the dream? Yes I am!

I was absolutely thrilled when Bio-Essence and Babushka PR gifted me with this amazing product because I really needed to devise a new daily skincare regime as I approach a VERY big birthday (eeeeeek!) The main reason I chose the Water (aside from the fact it contains GOLD) was because it wasn’t a step I previously had in my routine. This has now been added in as a firm staple and it’s the first thing I put on in the morning.

In this new 'My Daily Skincare Routine' series, I’m going to talk you through my skincare regime step by step across different posts so that I can fully explain why I love the products I use. Besides, who wants to read a massive essay?

How do I use the 24k Bio-Gold Gold Water?

Bio-Essence calls this product a treatment to be used after cleansing and before moisturising (traditionally, it would be the toning step I imagine) but for me, it works really well as a cleanser and toner combined.

I once saw an interview with Salma Hayek where she explained our skin replenishes itself overnight with natural oils to combat aging and other damages. As a result, she doesn’t wash her face too much in the morning and ever since, neither have I (I mean, have you seen how good she looks? I was always going to jump on that bandwagon!) And to be honest, I immediately felt better for it. A lot of facewashes just dried my skin out to the point where my moisturiser couldn’t do its job properly anyway. Additionally, classic cleansers are usually cream- or serum-based which do NOT sit well on my t-zone therefore something light like this Gold Water is great.

In terms of toning, my skin is firmer than ever. After battling (and overcoming) insomnia four years ago, it came back earlier this year and so did the bags under my eyes. I'm thankfully getting over the worst of it now and since using the Gold Water, I've seen the biggest improvement on the elasticity of the skin around my eyes.

What does the gold do?


I’m such a fangirl when it comes to the gold in this product. Each time the gold flakes appear in the palm of my hand, I get a teeny bit (OK, a lot) excited!

The 24k Gold has a protective purpose as an anti-oxidant but, most notably, when you use it, your skin becomes more radiant than ever: I now use less highlighter when I wear makeup as my skin is glowing naturally and it also smoothes out my complexion, making me more comfortable on my make-up-free days.

Get yours at Superdrug.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig