Wednesday 21 November 2018

Wearing Animal Print at Thirty

As I type, there will be hundreds of posts on animal print going live across the digital jungle.

I started to wear it again back at the beginning of summer when I found my gorgeous, zebra-print shirt that you will have seen on many an occasion if you follow me on Instagram.

It actually became my most-sold piece across the platforms where I share my outfits, which astonished me at the time, but now doesn't shock me at all - this trend has EXPLODED!

A leopard print dress and gold jewellery is a match made in heaven

Gold sunglasses are also a must-have for any brown-toned animal prints

I added some Chanel dupes to elevate the dress

Such a gorgeous print on this dress


SHOP THE POST


Leopard, snake and zebra have long been prints I adore and thankfully, they seem to crop back up every so often. As such, I try to keep the pieces I buy because I know this is one of those trends that is cyclical.

Whilst thirty isn't old and we don't quite need to worry about looking like Bet Lynch in animal print just yet, it does mean that I've lived through this trend at least four times now therefore I've picked up a couple of tips and tricks along the way that I hope you find useful.

Stick to your (wild) 'thing'

Ask yourself what is the one item you couldn't live without? And then buy it in animal print. As long as you are doing 'you', the print won't look aged or dated. It will also fit seamlessly into your closet just like any other staple you own.

Accessorise

If you aren't comfortable wearing the print, then simply accessorise with it. I've linked a selection of items below from shoes to bags to scarves.

More is less

Yes, you read that right. It's not often we want to look 'less than' but this is one of those trends that people really do worry about overdoing. At Max Mara, prints were repeatedly clashed and I noticed something interesting: the prints actually seemed to neutralise one another, leaving a look that is both effortless and stylish. You can also see how I'm clashing animal print with other patterns in my last post.

Clashing prints at Max Mara



SHOP THE TREND: LEOPARD PRINT


SHOP THE TREND: SNAKE PRINT


SHOP THE TREND: ZEBRA PRINT







Photography by Catherine Booty at Beehive Studios.
SHARE:

1 comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig