Tuesday 29 January 2019

Shopping for Classics | A Skirt Suit

This post contains adlinks

Hiya!

I think this is the first time I'm speaking to you on this platform in 2019 actually so I hope all of your new plans and goals are well underway. But if they're not: get your head back in the game, push reset and start again - YOU GOT THIS!

Most people say January goes by slowly but I've personally been very stressed through not having enough time to complete everything I'd planned. I guess that's the danger of resolutions: putting pressure on yourself can actually be counter-productive. When will I learn?

Anyway, on to fashion. I briefly mentioned in my previous post that I was shopping a bit more sensibly now and this skirt suit is the perfect example of that: it's something I've always wanted in my wardrobe, I can style it in a multitude of ways and the print is nothing less than a classic.



I've always wanted a skirt suit but each time a new trend hits my Instagram feed, I, for some reason, buy into that instead. And do you know where those clothes are now? In boxes waiting to be sold on for a fraction of the price.

We're all guilty of this because the advent of fast fashion has changed all of our shopping habits for the worse. However, I can't help but I feel like I've lost me somewhere along the way. We seem to be living in a society now where garnering cheaper clothing (and subsequently posting pictures of it) has become synonymous with having style, whilst the creativity that goes into combining key pieces to make a sartorial statement is undervalued.

Over the past year, my wardrobe has gained its first Gucci bag, a Burberry scarf and this skirt suit - items I've always coveted - and boy, does it feel good to be ticking those pieces off my wishlist rather than yet another item without their longevity.

That's not to say I won't follow trends anymore, but I will be more selective. *Bank balance breathes a huge sigh of relief*



As we head towards Spring, I'll be wearing these items separately a lot more. I'm looking forward to playing with proportions and teaming the blazer with a longer-line bottom half. As for the skirt, the cowboy boots I have my eye on are the perfect addition to make it SS19-ready. I'll probably try the monochrome print out with some colour as well (neutral hues, of course.)

SHOP THE POST



SHOP SKIRT SUITS



Photography by Marta Ferenc
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Nice shoots. Every shoot with mug looks great. Why you not try some nice shoots with bridal dresses?

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig