Monday 11 February 2019

Brown

This post contains adlinks

Brown. I have not worn brown since I was about 18 and I’m honestly surprised that I am doing so again.

But it’s back and better than ever.

So how do you wear it?



I have a feeling its renaissance is linked to the animal-print trend we saw last season. Those patterns embodied the most gorgeous shades of brown – it almost seemed inevitable that the colour would pull through as a trend of its own. That also means wearing it is a great way to update any animal print you had last season, to bring your wardrobe forward into 2019.




Fabrics like leather and satin seem to show the shade at its best so look out for those. These textures work especially well if you wish to wear brown with black as you’ll need a stronger contrast between those two colours. Traditionally, the combination has been frowned upon but there are ways to do it: I’ve been wearing a brown, faux-fur coat with black denim and black leather in this post and the mix of materials makes it totally wearable.





On the catwalk, outfits have been created with several shades of brown together, including some head-to-toe looks. Pairing it with whites and creams is also really dreamy – I’ll be doing that closer to summertime. In addition, the trend is still featuring heavily in the AW19 collections so it’s worth investing in now.

Keep up-to-date with the trend and shop my favourite looks and items on my 'Brown' Pinterest board.


SHOP THE POST






Photography by Marta Ferenc
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig