Tuesday 4 December 2018

Corduroy: an Alternative to the Black Blazer

It's ironic that some of these photos are taken outside Manchester Central Library because the very word 'corduroy' always seems to remind people of that teacher at school who smelled entirely of stale coffee and dusty books. Fingers crossed I manage to alter that image in this post with my take on the trend.

A corduroy blazer outside Manchester Central Library seems fitting in light of its traditional image

As a material, corduroy can be pricey but you get what you pay for: it's tough, it's warm and it also makes you feel all kinds of luxurious. I found the one I'm wearing in this post to be a good mid-price option and I'm more than happy with the quality.

Corduroy is great in the colder weather

Now, you might have seen a lot of this trend in suit form. I decided not to go for a pair of trousers as well because I felt that the cost per wear would pale in comparison. Without exception, a good blazer will make me go weak at the knees and that's how I want to fill my wardrobe - with pieces I love (particularly since the recent, shocking revelations concerning the fast fashion industry and its impact on our environment.)

I love the button detailing on the blazer


SHOP CORDUROY BLAZERS


Even though I typically don't wear too much colour, cord blazers have been designed in a number of absolutely stunning colourways this season so it seemed a shame to stick to black. I especially love all of the rust and brown tones and I'd actually suggest going for one of those if pink isn't your thing as brown is an emerging trend that's going right into next year. I've recently created a Pinterest board on the shade if you'd like some inspo.

Pink, white and brown is my favourite colour combo at the minute

Currently, I'm styling it with jeans but once I get hold of the exact denier of tights I want (WHY is it so hard?), I'll put it with a mini skirt as well. As much as I love my mom jeans, I think I'll stick to skinny and flared denim when it comes to styling the corduroy blazer. So far, I've found that a more slimline look on the bottom half better complements the heavier look created by corduroy as a material.

Pairing corduroy and denim

SHOP THE POST

Sunglasses: & Other Stories - similar here | Corduroy Blazer: NA-KD | Jumper: H&M - similar here | Bag: Gucci | Jeans: ASOS | Heels: New Look - similar here




Photography by Marta Ferenc
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig