Saturday 23 January 2016

January's Instagram


In the same way that my Pinterest feature is going to look different this year, so will my Instagram monthly special.

All too often, the immediacy with which we can upload pictures to the fabulous app means we lose a little je ne sais quoi so I thought it'd be nice to share some of the stories behind my Insta pics with you.

Left to right, top to bottom:

1. I originally just wanted a snap of the socks and boots before I headed off to work but the photos looked quite good so I've used a few of them.

2. I love, love, love the shade of this MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer. I usually wear a nude shade on my lips so like to mix it up a bit with different tones. This is a definite pinky-nude colour and I can promise you that it actually does dry matte (unlike some brands that claim to and don't). They've got a 3 for 2 offer on the Luxe Range this weekend too so head over to their site and bag yourself a bargain.

3. I've recently started to become so much more interested in makeup than I used to be. As I'm sure you're aware, it's always been about the body and the outfit on it for me but I can't get enough of trying new looks on my face lately. I've got to admit, and I'm going to get a bit personal now, that I think it's because I've hit my late twenties and I'm becoming more conscious of my aging skin; it doesn't look how it used to and I'm really struggling with that. Not one to dwell on things, I've been experimenting A LOT and have found that using the right brushes on the right part of the face is key. These Sigma Beauty ones are on my wishlist.

4. You just need to take a look around this blog to understand the significance of black, white, grey, khaki, nude, repeat! They are my absolute favourite shades to wear and are undoubtedly the base of every look I create.

5. My go-to perfume and again, some new makeup. Chanel is my ultimate preferred brand for staples such as mascara, powder and perfume whilst MAC is somewhere I turn to for new looks. At the minute, I'm obsessed with metallic eyeshadows so their Faerie Whispers collection of foiled shadows is simply perfect.

6. I've wanted this bag for so long as it's one of the best ChloĆ© Faye dupes around (buy it here). I love the shade of grey and if you want to see it in action before buying, it'll be up on here tomorrow. As for the sunglasses, I fell in love with them as soon as I saw them. Quay Australia has quickly become one of my favourite eyewear brands anyway but the design of this marble pair is just top notch! I bought this pair on ASOS where you can find a great selection available if you're a UK shopper.

I hope you enjoyed hearing a bit more about the girl behind the images and I'd love to hear your thoughts. To follow me on Instagram, please search 'A Style Is Born' or click the icon on the left of this post or at the bottom.

Jacqueline xx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig